Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Motif a Day

I never go out of town without a project to crochet or knit.  This book became my companion and I was pleasantly surprised how I was able to follow the patterns I worked on.  I guess I can consider myself and Intermediate crocheter if I was able to work these patterns. It can be very frustrating when you can't follow or understand patterns. This book is not too complicated and the stitch diagrams which accompany every motif are also helpful.

A year or so ago I would not have been able to crochet anything in this book. I think.
I'm so glad I don't get sick while crocheting in the car. It sure helps pass the time on the 4-1/2 hour car ride.
The Fanning Points Motif
La Fleur de Vie
Sunflower
Ice Crystal
So now that I have succeeded I want to make more.  I will hold on to these samples and give them as gifts.  These were worked using mercerized cotton and could be used as doilies.  This book would make a great addition to my library.  I would highly recommend it for anyone who likes instant gratification.  All these motifs are very quick to complete.


Jabberbug

No comments: