6 Large lemons
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup water
4 cups cold water
Make a syrup by mixing the 3/4 sugar with 1 cup very hot water. Allow this to cool some.
Squeeze the lemon juice.
In a pitcher mix the lemon juice with the sugar syrup.
Add 4 cups of cold water. If desired cut some lemon or lime thin slices and add to the lemonade.
Serve with crushed ice.
I read a little about some benefits and facts about Lemons.
1. Lemon juice should never be ingested by itself as it can damage the teeth enamel.
2. It is an excellent body cleanser: Mix lemon juice with cold water and add a little honey. Take it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.
3. It will help get rid of any intestinal worms.
4. It is a diuretic which means it helps maintain the kidney and bladder function.
5. Lemons contain vitamin A and natural vitamin C.
6. It contains more potassium than apples or grapes which is beneficial for the heart.
I'm sure there are lots more reasons to make lemons part of your diet.
Powerful little fruit, isn't it?