Saturday, April 02, 2011

Homemade Laundry Detergent Revisited

Making Laundry Detergent
I am still making my own laundry detergent.  I made one change in the way I make it so I thought I would revisit this post  The only change I made is in the shredding of the Fels Naptha bar of soap.  I am now finely shredding the bar of soap using my metal  grater.  I usually do this while watching TV.  Cover your lap with a towel or cloth.  If you do not find Fels Naptha soap you can also use Ivory Soap.
Finely shredded Fels Naptha Soap

Finely Shredded Fels Naptha Soap
Recipe
1 Cup of Borax
1 Cup of Washing Soda
1 Bar of Fels Naptha Soap 
In a glass bowl combine well the Borax and the Washing Soda.
Homemade Laundry Detergent

Mix well the Borax, Washing soda and finely grated Fels Naptha.  To even pulverize more you may use a food processor.
Homemade Laundry Detergent

 Store your homemade detergent in a jar.  For one load use  1 tablespoon of the mix.  Sometimes I use 2 tablespoons for heavily soiled clothes.

Homemade Laundry Detergent
 This is a super economical recipe.  One box of Borax will yield over 9 cups and 1 one box of the washing soda will yield just under 7 cups.

No comments: