Monday, January 01, 2007

Christmas 2006 in Ohio



This 2006 Christmas Season will be one I'll always remember. The reason, on this month my daughter was due to deliver our second grandbaby.

She and husband decided to wait until the birth of the baby to find out if they were having a boy or girl. For some reason I thought for sure she'd have a girl. I thought she would follow the same pattern established by my mother who first had a son, then a daughter. I also had a boy, then a girl. It was nice to be surprised, I must say.

On December 18 finally the mystery would be revealed. My daughter's labor occurred during the night, so I did not find out what she'd had until the morning of the 19th. My husband announced "She had a boy." Then came the wait to receive pictures by e-mail. The pictures came two days or so after baby arrived. Taite Ezekiel arrived before midnight weighing 6 lbs 7 oz, measuring 19.5 inches.

We arrived to my daughter's house on Christmas Eve and met our new grandbaby who is perfect in everyway; loves to cuddle, eats well loves being held. During this visit I took every advantage of holding him; we all know how fast babies grow, right? All of a sudden they leave this newborn stage.

It's a wonderful blessing to get this second chance to hold such a precious member of our family. Well done, Andrea and Travis. We're here to support you in our role as grandparents.

Picture of Grandparents, Proud Mommy and Baby Taite.

Nana Aura holding Taite.

1 comment:

Drea said...

He is mighty cute isnt he? :-) We enjoyed your visit. Hope the next visit isnt to far in the future...