Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve Thankful Thursday


What a great year 2009 has been and the Lord has blessed me and my family in so many ways.  I count as the greatest blessing good health to enjoy spending time with my family.   Going regularly to the gym, eating lots of fruits and vegetables has made a big difference.  The older we get and our body wears out, exercise is the best medicine.  I heard Kim, one of my Zumba instructors say, "Let's move and dance today while we can."

                                              


At 53, I'm thankful I'm able to get on the floor and play with my grandkids.  I have to say that playing with the grandkids is one way to get a good night's rest.  On my last visit, I noticed how tired I was at the end of the day, ready to go to bed around 9:30 pm.  You can get quite a work out around them.


More 2009 time on the floor.  It's been so much fun spending time with Taite and he melts my heart when he says, "Nana, I'm so happy you are here."  Taite who just turned 3 sure knows how to make a grandmother feel special. 

Just look at this beautiful boy, I'm so glad he's in my life.  Caleb turned 5 this past August.

By the shore of the Pamlico River in Washington, NC., Taite looks in wonder at the stumps poking out of the sand.

My grand kids got me an ornament this Christmas that says: "Who needs Santa when you have grandparents."  So sweet.  Caleb is eager to please and he let me take his picture after the church service modeling the Newsboy cap I made for him.  Taite on the other hand seemed to say: "I'm not doing what she wants me to do."  It's ok, his other sweet moments make up for his 3 year old attitude...LOL..

November delivered a great blessing.  Kevin came to visit and spent a total of 45 days with us.  I love this picture Andrea took of us during our stay at Big Mill Bed and Breakfast.

Kevin serves in the military and having him with us was an answer to prayer.  I'm thankful for God's faithfulness as he watches over him while he is away from us.

This is Andrea singing during the worship service at West End Baptist Church, were Travis, her husband is the Senior Pastor. I'm also thankful for her husband who preaches at this church and spreads the Gospel week after week. It's always so special to hear her sing and Travis preach to honor their Lord and Savior. This picture shows the baby she's expecting....to be born in March 2010....More blessings on the way this coming New Year.

Many times this year, my husband Cliff has spent time in the kitchen cooking for me or the family.  I really appreciate him taking the initiative to cook when I'm tired at the end of the day.  I'm thankful for the many other ways he shows he cares.  He's always thinking how he can be a blessing to others.  One of the special things he has started doing for me before heading out to work during the cold mornings is to heat my old van with a space heater.  He cares about the little things, that was makes him so special.


Looking forward to 2010....

Jabberbug

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet family Aura. Lovely Husband here is an early worm and i am a night owl so every morning I wake up to a coffee at the side of the bed. You are right it is the little things which really touch you.

Happy New Year- may it be even more special than the last.

Chloe Tuttle said...

Hi, Aura, Love your photos....and Happy New 2010 to you all.
from Chloe @ Big Mill Bed & Breakfast