Thursday, November 11, 2010

Crochet Appliques



Figured out a way to make a crochet monkey applique.  I have been making crochet slouchy hats an I will use my appliques to embellish and add whimsy.  One of my co-workers asked me to make a monkey to attach to the hat.  I have lots of small amounts of yarn and making these small creations provides an instant gratification.





What do you get when you put a cute monkey applique on a slouchy hat worn by the cutest grandson? I'm short for words to describe how adorable he looks even if this hat is really intended for girls but I could not resist letting my grandson Taite model it.


Here's my beautiful daughter modeling one of my slouch hats.  I just really like this design because it does not mess up your hair as other tight hats or beanies do.  You can't really see it, but there is a butterfly applique on the side.







And here is Caleb...He was not too happy to wear the hat.  Still I think he looks so sweet and I like the one ear showing and the other one hidden.  Caleb is my beautiful 6 year old grand son.












Here's some cute japanese inspired kitty appliques...sure to add whimsy to one of my hats.

This cute wee owl was crocheted with white yarn.   The yellow part of the eyes is actually vinyl.
I am sharing this pattern which consists of two oval pieces.
 You will find detailed instructions to make this Wee Owl here:

Wee Owl Crochet Appliqué                                                                   

Jabberbug

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I came across this blog when I was looking for crochet applique patterns. I absolutely LOVE the monkey you did on these hats!! Do you by chance have a pattern to these? I'd love to buy a pattern so that I can make this for a hat for my son! Thanks! Emily F.

Aura said...

Hello Emily, my patterns are not for sale yet. I have to search for this Monkey applique but can't promise I can do it right away due to this busy time of the year. I have to locate the pattern, edit it and then publish on the Scribd site where I have published other patterns.

becktovintage said...

Dear Aura, I am watching your blog for a very long time. At the end I have my own blog and today I shared a crochet monkey which I had made my monkey by looking your crochet monkey. Thank you very much and all best wishes to you and your family..