Sunday, November 14, 2010

Cozy and Headband Fever

I recently replaced my mugs for all white ones to be uniform. These mugs have been begging me for a cozy mug sweater more like it.   The mug sweater is still in the design stages, I'm not totally satisfied with what I came up with.  It's actually really neat to hold a mug with a sweater not to mention that coffee or tea should stay warmer longer.  I just love touching yarn, so why not while holding my coffee or tea.
These mug sweaters are special.  The mug sweater was knitted using Sugar 'n Cream cotton yarn The wool patch bears the initial of its owner. I'm thinking anything short that strikes your fancy can be put on the little patch which is made from  re-purposed wool.
El cafe is the word for coffee in spanish.
I've also been having the head band fever and during my daughter's last visit I was  thrilled she agreed to be my model.  This Ooh-La-La Head Band was crocheted with acrylic yarn and it's very stretchy to accommodate different adult head sizes. The neat feature about this head band is that the flower is detachable.
This head band can also be worn as a neck warmer.  I like my neck protected from the cold but get too hot wearing turtlenecks indoors so I know I will enjoy one of these this winter.
My daughter likes the one tone headband in Linen tone.  The owner of the Hazelaid saw on of my headbands on Andrea's blog and asked her if I'd be willing to make a trade.  This sounded neat, so I will be getting one of her Baltic Amber healing necklaces and I will send her the head band pictured below in earthy tones.  I will also be including an extra flower for this special lady.  My three grandchildren have been wearing her Baltic Amber necklaces which can help with teething.  I really think Owen drools less when he wears his necklace not mention he looks adorable.  Make sure you read about the benefits of these healing necklaces.
Ooh-La-La - That's it for now.



Jabberbug

3 comments:

Aliesha Caldwell | Feathers in Our Nest said...

These headbands/neckwarmers are gorgeous!

Yamma Mamma said...

Love the cozies and the headband/neckwarmer! You do a great job!

lovejoy_31 said...

I am dying for one of your headbands. Drea has done a few photo sessions for me and my DD so I got to see how talented you are. LOVED the cocoon your made. You are incredibly talented.