Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Green and Lush Spring Part 2

When I do my dishes...this is what I see to the left.

The Ohio Tree as I call it is looking good and healthy until the Japanese Beetles land to eat the leaves. If not treated with Sevin powder or spray these beetles can really cause damage.  Right now the little tree is need of some pruning.

This is how the Ohio Tree looks under.  Sometimes I also call it my umbrella tree.  All the dead sticks that are visible need to be trimmed off..
 This bush is amazingI wish I could state the name, but I have no idea what it is called.  I really haven't seen another like this one anywhere.  We transplanted it from a different location and it has done the best this spring.  Every single branch has white blooms.
Look carefully and you'll see a cross.

 This variegated vine hides gardening tools behind the fence. Sadly, I don't know this ones name either, and it is not an ivy.
 This one will soon open up and reveal the beautiful Pink Peony.  The ants are all over this plant but Cliff has reassured me that they won't bother or affect the blooms in any way.
The Azalea blooms that ended inside my house graces my kitchen window.

I heard my pastor say this past Sunday that due to the sin that entered the world, creation groans. Still the Lord chose to let us enjoy the beauty of his creation and I'm thankful for this blessing.

“We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls.”  Mother Teresa


Jabberbug

1 comment:

Connie said...

Seeing the beauty of your yard and reading your post uplifted my spirit today. Thank you!