Sunday, January 17, 2010

Thinking about Valentines Day

Valentines Day will arrive soon.  I have always loved to craft hearts.  In my opinion Valentines Day is a great holiday, is it considered a Holiday?  Maybe not, since we don't get the day off at work.  It's all about letting our spouses, children, grandchildren, friends....etc....know that we Love them.  On a recent visit to the Target $1.00 section I found these brads and new I could put them to use.

Paton's Grace 100% mercerized cotton is the perfect yarn for crocheting a small heart.  I used a crochet hook C (2.5mm)


On card stock I printed this background


For the tag, cut the red card stock to measure: 3" by 4-1/2".  The printed background is cut 2-3/4 by 4-1/4"  Fold back the corner of a white piece of paper to cut out the tag corners of the red and printed card stock.

Using double stick tape or a glue stick secure both tags.  Punch a hole for ribbon and using an awl or a sharp needle puncture tag on the right upper side.  This is will be used to secure the crochet heart to the tag.

If you like you can tear the bottom of the printed card stock. 

If you'd rather make a card cut the card out of red card stock to measure 5-1/5" by 4-1/2"  Fold in half and press with a bone folder.   Cut the printed background 5-1/4" by 4" and secure to card front using double stick tape or a glue stick. Secure the crochet heart to the upper right corner using the brad.

For a larger heart, use worsted weight yarn and a larger hook such as the H (5.00 mm) This one was made with cotton yarn. 

The crochet heart pattern is here.  The printed background is here.




Jabberbug

1 comment:

Virginia bed and breakfast said...

There is a constant joke about holiday season starting earlier each year and I am sure that this is the case. This year I've been really aware of how early Valentine's Day items have been appearing. I received my first Valentine's Day offer before the end of December, which must be a record