Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 2 Winter Hibernation

In the 29 years I have lived in Charlotte, we have never missed going to church do to winter weather.  I'm calling this my Winter Break (from work).  My day off was Friday, then came the snow and the ice and just as I thought the libraries closed, so I got Saturday (my day to work) off.  Yay

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸Snow is rare in Charlotte and even though it's mostly ice, it's still beautiful¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Took this picture of the front of our house.  There is a one inch sheet of ice and our driveway is totally covered. The Library I'm sure will probably delay opening.
View of our back yard
Icy Palm Leaves
 
Cold weather and ice doesn't hurt this 25 year old Windmill Palm.  My husband does not like one bit to see the covered of ice.
Look carefully, there is a thin sheet of ice covering part of the pond.
When it's cold outside, I do get in the mood to cook.  I doctored this recipe from the Cook Yourself Thin book I got from Donna. The recipe is on page 115 and it's called Healthy Potato Skins.  It called for sweet potatoes; I only had one so I also used regular potatoes.  It turned out pretty good and healthy it is with the addition of spinach. I omitted the bacon and used regular milk instead of buttermilk.  They were delicious.  Cliff made the turkey burgers.
٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶ Wonder What I'll cook tonight....I may running out of food ٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶

Jabberbug

1 comment:

Shenandoah bed and breakfast said...

I’ve prematurely begun my winter hibernation in the tunnels, going to-and-from class, the library and athletics underground every day.