Thursday, August 23, 2007

Semi Healthy Banana Bread



My supply of frozen bananas has been growing. Tonight I made this recipe which I am calling semi-healthy because I added Kretschmer Wheat Germ. I usually add wheat germ to my oatmeal. The label states it is an excellent source of Vitamin E and Folic Acid; two tablespoons contains 50 calories. I like the nutty and crunchy texture it adds to my cereal.

Ingredients:
2-3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup Kretschmer Wheat Germ
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 Cup brown sugar
1/2 Cup white sugar
3 large eggs
1 Cup vegetable oil
3 Mashed bananas

Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In mixer beat on medium speed the sugars and the oil well; add one egg at a time beating well after each addition. Lower speed in mixer and add flour mixture in small amounts. Beat slightly only as needed to blend. Lastly add mashed bananas. Pour batter into 2 loaf pans. Bake for around 45 minutes.

1 comment:

mAsOn & tErrI's mOm said...

mmmmm ::drooling:: I want some Amish bread now...time to go bake! :-) (I still have starters in the freezer!)