Sunday, January 02, 2011

As I waited for the New Year....




I waited for the new year watching a few episodes of X Files (Season 7 now) and knitting. The perfect project to end the year knitting was a coffee cup sweater/cozy.






 
I knitted this cozy using No. 6 (4.25 mm) knitting needles and Worsted Weight Yarn.
 How cute is this....found some teensy weensy little buttons for eyes.  This cozy has 4 owls instead of the 5 in the original pattern.   I also decreased one row making the owl, otherwise the cozy would have been too tall for my mug.  I changed the ribbing to be knit 1, purl 1.
The cozy is joined at the bottom has a button closure.  Cozy slips on with the button closed. This pattern is available free from the Knitphomaniac in Ravelry.
 When you are done drinking your coffee or tea.....display your beautiful creation as I did.
 
At around  10 pm on New Year's Eve, I decided to join the Knitting Help Party and continued knitting the night away instead of watching the ball fall.  It was fun even if I did not win any of the prizes.  Thanks Sandy for organizing this fun knitting event. Sandy designed a Coffee Cup Sleeve to commemorate this New Year's Eve Party.  You will find the pattern on Shandeh's blog as she is known in the Knitting Help community of knitters.   To make the cozy I used Size 6 needles instead of the size 7 suggested in her pattern and it worked just right. This cozy fits a large paper cup.

Here is the completed Coffee Cup Cozy designed by Sandy.

Wish you all a Happy New Year in every way.  May your life be touched and enriched by the One who holds our life in his hands....The Lord Jesus Christ.


JabberbugAs

2 comments:

Shandeh said...

Yay! I love both of your cozies! Of course, I am partial to my design. (tee-hee). Thanks for joining us at the KH Forum for the New Year party. Mark your calendar for 2012! :)

lindsey said...

I visit occasionally from Dreas site and I LOVE this cozy! Would you be willing to sell one through you etsy site?