Monday, January 10, 2011

When It's Cold Outside I make Soup



Today was the perfect day to make soup! I absolutely loved staying home today thanks to the snow and had a productive day.

I made Carrot Pumpkin Soup.






You will need Olive oil, pureed pumpkin, carrots, potatoes and celery.



I used about 2 tablespoons of olive oil to cook the chopped onions and red bell pepper.  While this is cooking season with curry powder and black pepper.
You will add some garlic at this point but be careful not to burn it.











Next add the chopped potatoes, celery and carrots.  If you have zucchini on hand you can also add some. 










I used store bought vegetable broth and there is no need to add salt because this broth already contains sodium.  This soup is very quick to make and is ready in less than 30 minutes.

Cliff likes to add some more heat using Texas Pete Hot sauce.

Click on the the following link for the complete recipe.
Carrot Pumpkin Soup




After making the soup I had 1/2 can left over of the pureed pumpkin so I made Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread.  A word of caution.  I watch how much sugar I eat so this bread may not be sweet enough for you.  Feel free to add more of the sweetener you use. The Bread turned out so pretty with the addition of pumpkin seeds and cranberries.






Jabberbug

No comments: