Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hedgy and Minerva

I've named my whimsical chicken Minerva.  Take a look at those feet.  I will definitely make more chickens.  Minerva is an egg cozy but when not working to keep an egg warm, she can just sit on an inverted votive holder.  I really love how the wings turned out. She looks like she wants to fly off the coop....but she can't....

This pattern is available in the Lilly Sugar'n Cream Chicken Kitchen booklet.  I just purchased mine from Michaels Arts & Crafts for $1.99.  Many more cute patterns are included. Michaels also carries the yarn to make this speckled chicken.

Hedgy turned out pretty cute. Thanks to Connie who supplied the yarn for the fur.  Fur Not really sure how it's called, it was made with Sirdar's Foxy in the squirrel colorway.

Hedgy will roll away so to make him sit you have to prop him onto a small dish or cup.  I used a napkin holder. Hedgy is part of the Woodland Animals Collection by Amy Gaines. I love her patterns. She gives excellent details and pattern instructions.
Jabberbug

4 comments:

Connie said...

My goodness you are fast! You just bought that book Sunday! You are definitely the Crochet Queen.

Finding Charm said...

Minerva is so cute! I like her.

Aura said...

This little chicken is very fast to make....Now I want to make them in black, white, brown, etc...etc...Thanks for all your kind words.

Shenandoah bed and breakfast said...

Thanks for all your types discussions. This little chicken is really quick to make....Now I want to make them in black, white, brown, etc.