Saturday, November 03, 2007

My First Charlotte Purl Knitting Group Meeting

Me and Connie

Today I went with my friend Connie to my first meeting of the Charlotte Purls Knitting group. They meet at a Caribou Coffee in the University Area every other Saturday. It was really neat and I'm so glad Connie brought me along. Everyone made me feel very welcomed and I would definitely like to go back. Speaking of Connie...she is the best and a great teacher. She taught me a new knitting pattern which creates a bobble/blackberry like stitch. Connie I checked the pattern I had and mine is much more complicated. Mine has a bobble increase and a bobble decrease which goes like this:

bbl inc (bobble increase) p1, yo, pi, yo, p1 all into same stitch
bbl dec (bobble decrease) with yarn in front slip 2 stitches knitwise, K3 tog pass 2 slipped stitches over knit stitch
dec 3 (decrease 3) p2tog, p2tog, slip first decrease over second decrease.

These fingerless gloves are very popular. I hope I have time to make a pair to give away as a christmas gift. I love knitting mittens.

Knitsters sharing with one another.

Stacey one of the members of Charlotte Purls. You made me feel very welcomed, Stacey.
I love your knitted belt.
Post a Comment