Saturday, November 03, 2007

My First Charlotte Purl Knitting Group Meeting

Me and Connie

Today I went with my friend Connie to my first meeting of the Charlotte Purls Knitting group. They meet at a Caribou Coffee in the University Area every other Saturday. It was really neat and I'm so glad Connie brought me along. Everyone made me feel very welcomed and I would definitely like to go back. Speaking of Connie...she is the best and a great teacher. She taught me a new knitting pattern which creates a bobble/blackberry like stitch. Connie I checked the pattern I had and mine is much more complicated. Mine has a bobble increase and a bobble decrease which goes like this:

bbl inc (bobble increase) p1, yo, pi, yo, p1 all into same stitch
bbl dec (bobble decrease) with yarn in front slip 2 stitches knitwise, K3 tog pass 2 slipped stitches over knit stitch
dec 3 (decrease 3) p2tog, p2tog, slip first decrease over second decrease.

These fingerless gloves are very popular. I hope I have time to make a pair to give away as a christmas gift. I love knitting mittens.

Knitsters sharing with one another.

Stacey one of the members of Charlotte Purls. You made me feel very welcomed, Stacey.
I love your knitted belt.

2 comments:

Connie said...

You are just so sweet and I loved taking you to the meeting and I hope you continue going. We really do have fun sharing our love of knitting and crochet.

That bobble pattern looks intense I will sit down later and give it a try . Thanks again for coming with me yesterday! It was a joy to spend time together.

Virtuous said...

Heeey Aura!!

I so hope you continue to come back to the CP meetings too!

We really enjoyed you as well!

You actually accidently left your bobble swatch and Wendy is holding onto it for you! So I guess we will see you next time! :oD

Take care!