Saturday, November 10, 2007

Another Knitting Group Meeting

The ladies who came to this knitting meeting met through the popular social network site called Ravelry I have not become a member of this site since there is a waiting list. According to Rose, Connie, Michelle and Shandeh there is nothing like it. They love it and Connie especially has been encouraging me to get on the waiting list. Maybe I will check it out. Connie is a super teacher. I came out of this meeting learning how to do the dread locks fringe. I will see how it looks on the modular knitted scarf I completed. It was very neat watching Connie do the Tunisian crochet and she also demonstrated how to use a small wooden loom to make an icord. Correct me if I'm wrong, Connie - you did call it a loom. I've always been intrigued by the long crochet hook.

3 comments:

Virtuous said...

SO glad you got onto Ravelry!! You will love it! :oD

And Connie is a great teacher!! VERY patient! Haha! :op

Keep learning and before you know it you will be teaching too!!

Connie said...

Hey...you said you got on the waiting list for Ravelry! Good! You are going to love it.

I am so glad that you came yesterday and I will meet up with you soon to help you with those dreads for your scarf.

craft-chick said...

Yayyy!!! You'll be in Ravelry in no time, and you'll be addicted! If you love seeing new patterns, which I know you do, you'll have a ball! And, love your blog!