Sunday, June 06, 2010

Zucchini Bread Recipe

Our first zucchini was sneaky and and got large in a matter of a few days...too big for cooking.

It reminds me of the  Veggie Tales cucumber character and I could not resist making a face for it.
Before shredding the zucchini I cut it in chunks that would fit in my food processor and removed some of the seeds. The recipe I used called for 1-1/2 of zucchini but I used 2 cups. Each ziplock bag contains approximately 4 cups shredded zucchini.  The recipe I used came from http://www.allrecipes.com and it's here. I did make a few changes since I did not have all the ingredients. 
Changes I made:
Reduced the amount of sugar to 1-1/2 cups
Instead of sour cream I used plain yogurt
Reduced the amount of oil to 1/2 a cup
Added 1 cup of applesauce
Used 2 cups of shredded zucchini





Jabberbug

No comments: