Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday at the Stowe Botanical Garden





We took advantage of this beautiful day and drove to Belmont after church to the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden. The garden had grown since our last visit 3 years ago or so. The highlight of this beautiful place is the Conservatory. This is where they have grown and display beautiful orchids. This picture was taken at the entrance.



This orchid is amazing, isn't it?



If you'd like to see more pictures taken at the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden look here.
Align Center
During this short trip, finished working on the adult size newsboy cap. This cap was worked with Cascade wool and it will keep your head warm. I haven't decided if I'll add a crochet flower or button accent. Wish my daughter was here, so she could model it for me. I was reluctant posting this picture.
This afternoon, I worked some on the clippies I odered from Button Zone. The tutorial I ordered from her was good. I could not get my hot glue gun to work. Liquid Stitch glue worked well, just a little slow completing the process. Toothpicks were helpful keeping the clippies open while the glue dried. The last picture illustrates how you have to hold the clippie in the hollow part until the glue finally sticks.
Worked some on the crochet flowers I use to embellish my hats. I'm thinking of using the bigger roses to put on those headbands or hats with a clippie on the back so it can be removed. All these were made with the wonderful yarn I Love this Cotton which I purchase at Hobby Lobby.


No comments: