Sunday, July 05, 2009

Sunday Walk Through the Garden



Me and Carla took a walk through the garden. Took advantage of the overcast day to take some pictures. We are in need of rain badly. The eggplants have finally developed and they are the long and skinny kind. The squash plants have done well and we are getting quite a crop. I keep looking at my tomatillo plant but not sign of the vegetable developing. Lots and lots of yellow blooms....Some of the blooms have even fallen off so I don't know what is going on.




Summer Collage



This is what happens when the squash is not picked on time. They get huge. This one measured about 12 inches.

The Angels Wings Begonia from last year is doing great and it hasn't been re potted. We did not even cut it back because it really got to be a stick plant during the winter.
This is the tomatillo plant which I hope will produce delicious tomatillos. Tomatillos make great green salsa.

4 comments:

Connie said...

Cute photo of Carla...love the flower ones too! Are tomatillos Spanish for small little tomatos? We are just now getting cucumbers and tomatoes from our garden.

Aura said...

Hey Connie - I managed to get a good picture of Carla, she kept coming towards me every time I tried to take one. She does have a sweet expression and so nice of you to say you like it. Yes, tomatillos means small tomatoes...You can buy them at the grocery store and they have an outer paper like green covering. I just now started getting the regular tomatoes and harvested one eggplant.

BeyondStitches said...

Great pictures! Nice garden! I can't have a garden until my dog learns how to behave, lol. He ate the only tomato plant that was left.

BTW, I decided to start blogging too. I'm still trying to figure out how to do it. I don't even know how to find myself online, lol. It takes me a while to get to my blog. How do you link it to your facebook?

Take care,
Larissa

the monkeys' mama said...

your garden is amazing! I will be thinking about your son--thank you for sharing that!