Friday, October 22, 2010

On my Needles and Hook


It's finally getting a little cooler in Charlotte so I've been working on knitting and crocheting hats. This year I'd like to work specifically on the slouch design, which is in my opinion a very comfortable hat to wear. The problem with wearing beanies is that they mat down and mess up your hair. Slouchy hats on the other hand are loose and I think they are very stylish.





On a recent visit to Hobby Lobby I came across a really neat free pattern by Debbie Stoller to promote the yarn Bamboo Ewe.
 My first hat came out really slouchy since I used a Vanna's Choice 4 ply worsted yarn. Vanna's yarn is heavy worsted which is slightly heavier and thicker. The second attempt matched the gauge and I'm really happy with the results.  I used Karaoke soy silk yarn from my stash. 
I loved making this hat so I purchased a skein of Bamboo Ewe in the Lipstick colorway.  This yarn is also considered a 4 ply yarn, but is not as heavy as Vanna's.  Red Heart has sure come a long way with their yarn.  The feel and softness of this yarn is dreamy.


I  told you I was into making slouch hats.  This will be the crochet version which definitely goes much faster.  I could not resist including the pink butterfly to this picture...so we'll see if the butterfly stays or goes.  I'm in the process of creating a video which shows how to make this cute butterfly. 



Jabberbug

No comments: