Wednesday, July 07, 2010

I Love Black Beans

Cooking is one of those activities I enjoy when I have time off work.  Ever since I heard about Dave's and Amrita's black bean burger, I have been wanting to try them.  I found a recipe in the book Get Cooking by Mollie Katzen which I checked out of my Library.  I was delighted to find she also has a website too.

I changed her recipe and they came out delicious.  Here's the How To from the website Cut out and Keep.

The nutritional value of black beans is extensive.  Too many benefits to number.  This site has excellent information.




Jabberbug

2 comments:

BeyondStitches said...

I love black beans burgers! They are so yummy! I don't make them though. I buy the ones from MorningStar Farms. They are really good. I also like their mushroom and veggie ones.

Kevin said...

Black Beans with chicken or steak is a good substitute to refried beans to.