Thursday, September 25, 2014

Fall into Crochet!

It sure has been a hot summer in Aiken, SC....our rental home has not gotten below 77 degrees until just a few days ago.  This little house sure holds the heat....and the air conditioning ran and ran non stop...so we had a real high electric bill on the first day.  So finally the weather got cooler....and with the change in the weather...I got the urge to crochet leaves....it always happens at this time of the year.          




These beautiful crochet leaves were made following the video tutorials by SheruKnitting.

This girl's voice is very pleasant and I like the quality of her videos, however she goes a little fast.  I found myself pausing and rewinding.







So....what to do with your leaves?  I attached them to the single crochet diagonal dishcloth....This one I gave away to my future neighbor in the Storm Branch Retreat.  Here is the link to the super and fast Single Crochet Diagonal Cloth that I followed.

 Now...changing the subject because I believe in eating healthy. Most of you know that Chia seeds are considered a power food.  I marvel at how many benefits are stored in this tiny seed.  1 ounce which is about 2 tablespoons of Chia seeds  contain 4 grams protein and 11 grams fiber, more Omega 3 Fatty acids than salmon, gram for gram.  The seeds are also a good source of Calcium, magnesium and phosphorus!  I started taking mine in the morning before breakfast in my lime water. 
A few Yummy things I cooked this week....
I did cut back on the sugar and used some whole grain flour.

These Eggplant Pizza rounds turned super delicious and I know I will be making these sometime soon.  It really does help if you sprinkle the rounds with some salt to draw out liquid from the eggplant.  Let it sit in a bowl or in paper towel for at least 20 minutes.  Then blot out the liquid.  Follow this link to this amazing recipe.  I really like the addition of pesto to the Eggplant rounds.
Tonight I made Black Bean Quesadillas.  Easy is good....because then I can get to my crochet projects.  I did not have flour tortillas so I used the Gluten Free Wraps purchased at Aldis.  I also added left over Quinoa to boost the nutritional value and protein content.
My inspiration for this recipe came from Miss Dixie!
As you can see I need a bigger pan for the huge Aldi Wraps.  My son approved of these Gluten Free Wraps.
They look Amazing....I think and browned beautifully.  Get these LiveGfree Gluten Free Wraps from Aldi.
Along with eating well....I have been consistent exercising at the University of South Caroline in Aiken Wellness Center.  The building behind me is where I go swimming and yesterday I took my first Zumba class!!!  Interesting to see the mix of young University students and mature women.  I met Marilyn and she quickly filled me up with the other two days I can attend Zumba. 
Refreshing Swim!
Check out the tiny library near my rental home in Warrenville.  Only one staff member is in charge of the operation.  The building itself is an old train depot station...and there are railroad tracks behind the building.
Our new house is coming along and we are thrilled with the progress.  Even more exciting is the fact that we have already met our future neighbor!! She and I are getting along and look forward to being next door neighbors!! Yay....So many blessings to be thankful for!

Jabberbug
Post a Comment