Monday, September 08, 2014

Aura in the Kitchen!






Today I baked cookies....the healthy kind that is.  I consume ground Flax seeds daily because it is a good source of Omega 3 Fatty acids (the polyunsaturated kind ALA which our bodies cannot produce.) If you consume fish you are getting this essential good fat in your diet.    Flax seeds also contain Lignans  which provide fiber like benefits and antioxidant protection to our bodies.  I did read that pregnant and breastfeeding women should not consume flax seeds.  Flaxseeds are known to have an effect on estrogen levels which can stimulate menstruation and contractions.  Read about more benefits from this site.




The recipe I found in Pinterest was super easy and quick to make.  I did make some changes on the second batch and decreased the amount of agave and added 1/3 cup ground old fashioned oatmeal.  I also decided to add some Nutella to the peanut butter but I don't really think this made too much of a difference.  The first batch only contained peanut butter.  The Nutella did seem to darken the cookie.  These cookies are baked at 325 degrees and they brown quickly.  I think you could even bake then in a 300 degree oven.
Be warned....You will want to lick this spoon.  Do resist!!  
The cookies are baked in a muffin tin.  I made mine in the larger muffin tin, so I only got 6.  Oh...I also sprinkled sesame seeds before baking.  I really was surprised at how good these turned out.  Truly a breakfast cookie you can grab and eat if you are in a hurry.

Second batch!  The texture is pretty nice too.  I think next time I might add some pureed pumpkin.
This recipe is from the Power Hungry Blog which you can found here.
Today I paid a visit to a new friend and shared some of  these delicious cookies.  The recipe is a keeper and suitable to many variations in my opinion.  You cannot ruin these...so give it  try.  I will hunt for my smaller tin as the recipe should yield 12 cookies.

Jabberbug
Post a Comment