Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Dancing Owls




For the past couple of weeks I have been making these Petite Applique Owls.  I used Lion Brand Bon Bons yarn purchased at a Michael's Store in Matthews NC.  This yarn comes in acrylic and cotton.  I used the cotton variety and I just found out you can buy it from Amazon with free shipping if you have Amazon Prime.  Yay!!  As you can see I have made quite a few hoots!! They were worked using my C 2.5 mm crochet hook.  So, I took the owls out of the Ziploc bag and they appeared to be dancing!

 This is the perfect traveling companion project and each owl has ended with its own unique personality.  The one at the top right picture has a different center...[a double crochet cluster] After making a few of the same, I find myself making changes in the pattern to create different eyes, wings, talons, etc....I also like to use buttons to dress them up (Got lucky finding the butterfly buttons in my buttons collection.) To achieve different looking wings, I use different picot patterns.  See my post on Picots for patterns.


I still have plenty yarn left in the wee little skeins to make a few more owls.
Making these little guys can become and obsession however....I have enjoyed using them to decorate cards.
 To make these cards, I simply add a small amount of glue to the back of the applique and add a hand written sentiment.  Such as---------------------------------^0^
 Yoo Hoo!! ~~~Miss Yoo!!

Jabberbug
Post a Comment