Sunday, August 10, 2014

Been Cooking Lately!




This is one of my favorite ways to cook green beans.  I picked up fresh ones at the Aiken Farmer's Market.  Bring up a pot of water to a boil and throw the green beans.  You will be blanching them...that is you only leave them in the hot water for a minute or so.  Drain the beans.  In a pan add a couple of tablespoons of Olive oil and brown a small amount of Sesame Seeds.  Be careful not to have the heat too high as the seeds brown quick.  Add the green beans, season with salt or your favorite seasoning making sure to coat the green beans with the seeds. Sesame Seeds are a power food and taste pretty good too!  There are so many benefits to list.  Read about the many benefits here.   A few people do have allergic reactions so make sure you read the information at the end.



One of my favorite places to visit while I worked at Matthews Library was the Royal Creperie and Cafe.  They make incredibly good tasting Crepes.  I am really going to miss this place and the owners, of course (Derek, Alexis and Elena).  There really isn't many places like this.  Well...were there is a will, there is a way.  During this last visit to my daughter, I made Crepes! Yes....a much smaller version, that is.  Crepes are versatile and keep nice and soft after you make them.  My favorite Crepe's filling consists of Spinach, black beans, avocado, cheese, onion and Pesto.
My smaller Version of Crepes!  Give it a try....they are fun to make.
My Sweet daughter also got in the kitchen and made Lotion Bars while I watched.   She is teaching me so many wonderful uses for Essential Oils.  I stand amazed at how many wonderful naturals products can be created in our kitchens.  The instructions to make these Lotion Bars can be found in her blog.  Just a few ingredients are needed and a small scale will be helpful to measure the quantities.  The resulting Lotion bar is safe to use the face preferably at night.


Jabberbug
Post a Comment