Friday, July 25, 2014

Day 3 in our Rental home

I have managed to empty the basic utensils, dishes, pans, etc...I need in the kitchen.  A good friend from Charlotte (guess now I can say this since we are now residents of Aiken County) shared a wonderful granola recipe and she was right.  It was easy to make.  The end result is crispy, so if you try making it and as you are turning it will have a soggy appearance, be assured that it will get crispy.
 Homemade Granola (Ellen and Nancy's Recipe)
3 C old fashioned rolled oats
1 C coarsely chopped pecans
1/4 cup wheat germ
2 T olive oil
1/2 t coarse salt (I used sea salt)
1/2 C maple syrup
2 T brown sugar
1/4 t cinnamon
1 large egg white
1-1/4 C diced dry fruit ( I used raisins)
Preheat oven to 250-300
Combine all ingredients including the olive oil, except the egg white and the dry fruit.  Toss to coat.  In a separate bowl whisk egg white until frothy.  Stir  into granola mix and distribute it throughout.  Spread in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.  Bake for around 50-60 minutes tossing every 15 minutes for even browning.  Optional addition.....1 C unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut.
Frothy egg white!
I told you it would be crispy!!
You can eat the granola by itself, with your favorite cereal including oatmeal.  I love it with yogurt.
Our rental house has quite a large yard so Cliff decided to buy himself a riding mower.  The yard is three times the size of our house in Charlotte.  Here he is getting ready to test drive the riding mower.
My crochet owls continue to amuse me as I think of different ways to make them unique.  As you can appreciate in this picture there is quite a few tails to weave.
 I will be using this particular crochet owl to decorate cards.  The neat thing about this yarn and pattern is that the legs (worked by slipping stitches) all turn out different like the one below which seems to be leaping.
Hasta la vista!! Amigas y Amigos.

Jabberbug
Post a Comment