Monday, May 06, 2013

These were Fun and quick to make!

I took a break from making crochet owls and even though I am not a butterfly person....I thought these turned out cute and are super quick to make.  I used them to embellish a mini card which measures less than 3 inches.  I intend to use these as thank you, birthday, encouragement cards and also when I give someone a gift.  I have a friend who even likes to frame some of  the cards I have given her.  Nice to know that someone really appreciates a handmade card.  This afternoon I worked on writing down the pattern and you will see the link at the end of the post. You will need to know how to make what is called a magic circle and there are plenty of You Tube videos which show you how to do this.
From this - At this point the butterfly does not have a body.

To this -  The red butterfly was made using Paton's Grace Yarn This yarn is ideal for butterfly wings!! The natural color ones were made with thin cotton twine I found at a Hardware store.
Here is the pattern:
Post a Comment