Monday, April 22, 2013

Make Someone Happy!

So, it has been a long time since I have posted anything.  I am back and I would like to share what I did this morning.  It is always a joy to craft on my Monday off from work. I found all the supplies I needed in my craft room and after months of not stamping anything I decided to use some very old Stampin' Up stamps.

To give it a more aged/vintage look to the tags, I burnished the edges using a sponge.

I used a stamp set and the sentiments were too long to fit in the tag.  The solution was to stamp and then cut out the words to fit the tag. Tie some ribbon to your tag. Glue words unto the tags using a glue stick or double stick tape if you have any.  I have enjoyed using the wrinkled ribbon I ordered from Etsy.
To secure the tag to my card, I used mounting tape so it would stand out nicely.
This card is super fast to make.  All you need for the front is a slightly smaller piece of scrapbook paper.  I have embellished this one with a Puff Stitch Crochet Flower. The Pattern is from this Crafty lady's blog. I used cotton twine and a C Crochet hook to make my flower and affixed it to the card using a button brad.  You can find those at Hobby Lobby in the scrap-booking department.
The Crochet Butterfly pattern was a Pinterest pin. There was no pattern but the crochet diagram was easy to follow.

Crochet Butterfly

Make a magic circle and work all stitches inside this circle.  Ch 6, work 1 double treble, 2 trebles, 1 dc, ch3, sl st in circle.  Ch3, 1 dc, 1 treble, ch4, sl st in circle, ch4, 1 treble, 1 dc, ch3, sl st in circle, ch3, 1 dc, 2 trebles, 1 double treble, ch6, sl st in circle.  Pull beginning tail to close the magic circle.  Wrap this tail a few times around the center ti make the butterfly body, tie the two tails together to make the antennae.  Color the antennae using a black sharpie marker.  Tip: Place butterfly on wax paper while applying the glue.  Make a knot at the end of each tail.  Cover the antennae using Elmer's glue to stiffen.

Jabberbug

No comments: