Saturday, January 28, 2012

Single Crochet Beanie Suitable for 3 to 5 year Olds.




I have completed the pattern for this single crochet beanie which will fit children ages 3 to 5.  This beanie is worked from the top to the lower edge using single crochets.  This is the beanie that I use to make the Angry Bird hats I've been making lately.  My favorite yarn to use is by I Love this Yarn available from Hobby Lobby.








I went online to find instructions on making crochet ribbing.
Classic Elite Yarns has a fairly  good tutorial to add  this finishing touch.
The first time I followed these instructions, I found that I was not achieving the snug result I was after so I simply skipped 1 stitch when working the single crochet decrease.

Today I worked on two Angry Bird Hats which I'll be shipping next week and took a few more pictures of how I sew the pupil to the eyebrows: Turn the eye brow so the wrong side is facing you and join the pupil making sure that the right side of the pupil is away from you.  Work two slip stitches to attach the pupil.
1
2

3
Join the white of the eye by whip stitching catching loops on the back of they eye brow.
Begin:
 Finish
 Now sew the pupil to the front of the white section:

The beanie pattern is....
Crochet Beanie Single Crochet                                                                                                   


 Black Bird will be finished tomorrow.....
Good night to all.


Jabberbug

2 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Hi Aura!
Your Angry Birds are cute!
The beanie is snug and efficient. Way to go!

becktovintage said...

I like the beanie very much. Very beautifol colors. Thank you very much..