Saturday, November 19, 2011

My First Pair of Toms Shoes



I have fallen in love with Toms shoes and really like their part in the mission to provide shoes for needy children around the world..  I was delighted that the Corduroy style did fit my narrow foot.  Some of Toms shoes are a little loose on me.  I think one of those Dr Scholl soles might help me with some of the styles that are loose.  I wear size 6-1/2 and these fit me perfectly.  I can also wear them with socks.  I was surprised that even though it is a flat shoe it still provided some support.





My Toms are black so I thought I could add a little something by crocheting something cute.  What could be cuter than a little Owl.  I used 100% cotton yarn.  I have lots of remnants left over from other projects ( lol. Owl Cell Phone cozies)
 The crochet applique is secured by using a very small alligator clip I purchased from an Etsy seller. As you can see the white alligator clips measure around 5/8".
The Finished Owls:
Even though this is a very small and quick project, you will need to know how to make a single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, slip stitch and also how to make a picot stitch.

The pattern is here.





Jabberbug
Post a Comment