Sunday, August 14, 2011

T Shirt Tutorial

Finally got to work on embellishing a very inexpensive T-shirt I found at Hobby Lobby.  The instructions I followed are from Blue Cricket Design.

 
I cut the pieces in two sizes: 4-1/2" and 3-1/2" square.
Fold each piece twice and cut on the fold
Your pieces should look like this:
On the wrong side of the knit material stitch wide apart to gather each square.  Tie off each end.  Sew smaller piece on top of the larger piece.
Cut some pieces in leaf shape and pin to your shirt planning where you will put your flowers.
Then sew using your sewing machine from one end of the leaf to the other.
  I found it easier to stitch by hand just taking each flower using 2 stitches. As you can see mine came out really ruffly.   Plan on stitching some single flowers if your like less ruffle drama.  The next one I make will have fewer flowers.
Wow! these pictures really show my natural hair color (gray) I had stopped coloring a few months ago and now the hair color is gone. I decided to stop coloring after reading about dark color dyes. What can I say...it's life and I'm already used to this new look.
Have a blessed week.

Jabberbug




Post a Comment