Sunday, August 28, 2011

Paper Yoyos


Making Yoyos using paper is quite simple.  Cut out a circle shape.  Place a smaller circular shape inside the circle.  I used a glass pebble [not perfectly circular]  Make folds to cover up the smaller circular shape.  I made a smaller yoyo and glued a button to the center.  Glue the small yoyo to the larger yoyo using glue.


I used the yoyos to decorate my favorite Manila tags.  I am fascinated by the look achieved using graph and yellow notebook paper.  I used the zig zag stitch on my sewing machine to secure the first layer of paper, the ribbon and lace.  Just use what you like [no rules here].  Amazing things happen when you get paper wet.  I sprayed with water the leaf shape, wrinkled and after it dries you can glue to the tag.

Recognize the business reply postcard which can be found in magazines.  
You can't go wrong using stuff you already have around your house.
Lace and fabric go really well together.  This yoyo was made from scrapbook paper.  Make small pleats as you sew the lace to the tag.  A stapler is also very helpful to secure other layers.

Have fun creating from materials you already have in hand.

Jabberbug 
 
Post a Comment