Sunday, July 03, 2011

{Thoughts of You} Tag

Dragonfly Tag
This dragonfly tag is sure to please the recipient.  The dragonfly's body was constructed with re-purposed wool and the wings are made from chinese book print.  I actually sewed around the dragonfly body using the blanket stitch.  This was a bit tedious and I don't think  it makes much of a difference due to the small scale.  I had started it so I went ahead and finished--ending with a sore neck.

I am really enjoying using the wrinkled ribbon which adds a bit of color and dimension to this tag.
Dragonfly Tag
  Head over to Annie 42 and Etsy seller if you like the wrinkled ribbon.  I have been very pleased with her supplies and the prices can't be beat.  She also ships super fast.

You will find the pattern to cut the body and the wings here: Dragonfly body and wings.




Jabberbug
Post a Comment