Sunday, July 31, 2011

Paper and Fabric Tags

Tag {Machine Sewn}
Chances are you already have everything you need to make these paper and fabric tags.
You can make your own tags with cardstock.  I am in love with the manila tags and have a good supply from my last order.  To make the paper flower all you need to do is cut several circle shapes using a punch or by drawing a circle using a round lid to trace the shape.  I used book print from a discarded book.  You can cut several circles at a time.  I like to use decorative brads to hold the circle shapes together.  The ones I used simulate a mini button and I purchased them from Hobby Lobby.  You will find them in the Scrapbook Department.  Once you have all the layers together held by the brad scrunch the layers up.  If your paper is a bit thick you can even spritz some water. Place the paper flower unto a scallop circle shape.
Tag {Machine Sewn}
 The tags background consists of a small piece of rectangle fabric which I cut out using my pinking shears. Sew unto the tag using a Zig Zag stitch.  Use little pieces of lace and ribbon to embellish your tags.  It is fun to make pleats and sew them as you do this.  The wrinkled seam binding I used is from the Etsy seller Annie.   Stamp your sentiment and simply staple to the tag.
This mini manila tag was made by placing on top of a slightly larger piece of fabric.
Tag {Machine Sewn}

Remember that anything Handmade conveys a special message of
L O V E.



Jabberbug
Post a Comment