Friday, May 27, 2011

A Little Bit of this and a Little bit of ThAt...




To make this tag all you will need is yellow notebook paper, a strip of paper cut from a discarded book.  I come across a lot of these where I work (at the Library), buttons, rick rack, buttons and my favorite things to work with, manila tags and baker's twine.  You can actually make your own tag.




Anything goes when you work with paper. Place different layers of paper you like.  I decided  to crease the narrow strip of text and burnish the edges with a stamp pad to make a paper ruffle. Use a glue stick to secure the layers of paper you will be using.  I used regular Elmer's glue to secure the crochet flower and the buttons.
I was thrilled with my recent purchase of manila tags from the Black Door Studio.  Wow!! you get 20 tags for only $1.75.  I have not tried tea or coffee staining the tags which the seller says works real well.
My other favorite thing I have had my eye for some time now is Baker's twine. Annie42 is where I found the best deal.  This twine is excellent quality and I had no trouble crocheting the little Flower.  You will need to use a small hook such as a C or E.  Give it a try:

 Crochet Mini Flower
Wrap the twine around the middle and index finger and make a ring.
Round 1: Chain 1, work 5 single crochet in the ring, join with a slip stitch to the beginning single crochet.

Round 2: Work in the first single crochet [Chain 3, 2 double crochet, chain 3, slip stitch], skip the next single crochet, *in the next single crochet work [slip stitch, chain 3, 2 double crochet, chain 3, slip stitch] Repeat doing this from the * 3 more times.  You will end with a total of 5 petals.  Join with a slip stitch to the beginning stitch. 

To finish off the flower make sure you close the circle in the middle by pulling on the tail.  Hide the tails using a yarn needle.

I made this tag before getting the manila tags from card stock. 

Incorporate the tags you make in a card.
Keep the supplies you are using to make tags using a cutlery container.
Look around your house and I'm sure you'll be able to find a LiTtLe bIt of ThIs and  LiTTle bit of ThAt to make pretty tags.



Jabberbug
Post a Comment